Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Web Design Books

I’m always reading books about. As well as manuals and reference books on various coding languages I also enjoy those books about the general principles surrounding aspects such as accessibility, usability, standards compliance and anything else related to peoples use of websites.

I often buy my books through Amazon and have had a set up for several years using the Amazon database for its contents. This website was only ever really thrown together for my own use and to allow me to become familiar with a script for generating such online shops. It had served its purpose and I had all but forgotten about it, but I was reminded of it today, took a look and decided to re-design and rebuild it from scratch.

Amazon now have a nice easy to use aStore system that allows such sites to be built in next to no time, so rather than working with a complex script I just used their system this time (I have set several sites up using the system for clients already). It isn’t as configurable as a more bespoke script, but its ease of use more than makes up for that. You also have little control over the look and layout of the content fed by Amazon, but Amazon know what they are doing so using their layout is probably a good thing.

Anyway, now that it is up and running I guess I should buy some more books!

I have of course been working on clients projects today with a few updates to some general maintenance issues for and some updates to the website.

About Author :
authorUrl :
http://pixelwave.co.uk/news/2007/06/11/web-design-books/
To read more articles on : projects, maintenance, re-design, configurable, accessibility, usability, general maintenance

View more blogs here : http://www.technoinfonet.com/Blogs

No comments: